Caps & Closures - Inserts
Case Study mould construction Germany und China
General project parameters
The order from an existing customer, who had already had injection mould series and prototypes made at AsMoPLAST, was for a 12x high volume production mould for producing a cosmetics package. The show-stopper in the project: The injection moulding tool was produced in Germany and China - a perfect reference for the effective connection of mould construction worlds.
- The injection moulding tool design.
- Producing the tool with crown bow
- Sourcing the hot runner and fabricating the hot side.
- Tool assembly and functional sample inspection at AsMoPLAST Deutschland.
- Sample inspection on the customer’s production machine as the basis for additional corrections.
- Correction of the crown bow dimensions at AsMoPlast Deutschland.
- Series production of the injection moulded parts.
Description - Injection moulding tools
- Dual-production of the 12x injection moulding tools in Germany and China
- Open/close tool with hot runner
- Direct gating
Description - Injection moulded parts
- The injected moulded parts for a cosmetics package were made with PP plastic.
- The inner contour, which had to be high-gloss polished, proved to be a particularly challenging injection moulded part.
Packaging / seals, cosmetics
12x high volume production mould for production of a cosmetics package
Production site - injection moulding tool:
China + Germany
Production site - injection moulded parts:
No. of cavities:
Dimensions and weight - injection moulding tool:
10 weeks to FOT (incl. design, manufacturing and tool despatch)